Wednesday, April 25, 2012

X-Tinytrack Project - base concept from TRACKUINO * on ARDUINO

*Thank you  to Javier Martin( *Courtesy from Trackuino.org) who wrote many of the libraries and codes for the APRS tracker.  I will give him most of the credit of my project .  I design PCB as to be used with the regular HT and GPS module from ARGENT DATA $36 very high sensitive indoor still can fixed GPS data.  I was reading Trackuino.org made by Javi and I do not know where I can have PCB so then I build it and then here that I have. Arduino is cheap and easy to develop to get the project going fast.


TRAKUINO code with adding LCD , Softserial Feature(Thank Javier Martin for helping)
Have the Heading in degree , Speed,  and time. Good for small Bicycle Speedometer?

PCB Design base on the *Trackuino Code ( *Courtesy from Trackuino.org) but have some modification that have to move native serial port to NewSoftserial.h  port , adding GPS connector , Adding LCD and also be able to use the regular HT.  I build PCB just for the min as I want to try out my design and worked . I will redesign again to be able to use . MX-1 (VHF module 144.390 300mW)  email me for the code.

I did write the Code on VB 6 just simple for some HAM who want to use my PCB and did not want to go to Arduino IDE just use GUI to program Callsign, SSID, Symbol connect to this board and PC comm or visual serial port then program to Arduino EPROM. as below:-

1st select Com number then click ok to activate the serial and establish the connection between board and PC then just read from board memory and then edit Write to eprom just simple is that.


I wrote my own code to GPS decode and display on LCD and also included the SMART Beacon reflect to the speed , slow and fast for more freq beacon.
Feature:-

Display Speed , Heading ,  Battery Bar graph level , PST time , LAT , LON 

I also tested out the original Trackuino and it worked pretty good with this unit.  original Trackuino used the Radimetrix MX1 $40 but I have many of my HT so that I used my design to work with HT so that can put in to small metal box somewhere.   Nice project,. I guessed

Completed Unit that I build in Rev.1 LED status in case of no LCD display

Proteus software to design
3D model same as the actual one. 


No comments: